Tuesday, September 10, 2013

You are invited to my photography exhibit at the East Bank Gallery.

The Bossier Arts Council presents the art of Debbie Engle in the East Bank Gallery,
and Mary Jean Davis in the Emerging Artist Gallery.

The exhibit dates are September 14-October 30, 2013,
with an opening reception on
September 28 from 3:00 -6:00 PM.
  
Gallery Hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 11-6pm.
For more on the featured artists or on the East Bank Gallery please call (318)741-8310 or
visit our website at www.bossierarts.org
____________________________________________________
DBE's artist statement:

"My most recent body of work is relatively documentary in nature.  These images reflect a personal affinity for the eccentricities and unusual nature of my home state.  Images in this collection span Louisiana from the White Lightening Road in the northeast, to the French Quarter in New Orleans, to the small town of Lecompte in Central Louisiana, to the historic Highland Neighborhood in Shreveport.  Tourists come from around the world to experience Louisiana culture; I hope I have represented it well in this collection."

3 comments:

BZCAM said...

Very cool and quite an accomplishment! I would come see it if I were there. Let me know if your exhibit comes to Houston.

BZCAM said...

Very cool and quite an accomplishment! I would come if I were in Shreveport but I will not be there during the time the exhibit is open. Let me know if it is traveling to Houston.

Debbie Hollis said...

I owe you, BZCAM, for encouraging me to get a better camera!

If the show travels, you'll be the first to know...thanks again!