Monday, December 21, 2009

My Sanctified Range Rover

I have a little cross
It's here for all to see;
It dangles from my mirror,
And sets my conscience free.

When I feel the chill
Of a cold December wind,
I focus on my little cross-
Thank God, I'm not like them.

They shiver at the bus stop,
They work low-level jobs;
But I've been blessed with college-
My license lets me rob.

The work I do is legal
So no one can complain-
My little cross reminds me
I need not be ashamed.

My passion is the poor-
I bind them in red tape.
Law partners call it 'counsel;'
But clients call it rape.

I make a filthy fortune
When my friends divorce.
My cross absolves me of my guilt-
I never feel remorse.

If Jesus wore a nicer suit
And drove an S.U.V.,
There'd really be no difference
Between my Christ and me.

The poor will always have their debt;
The rich will always wed.
I'm thankful that they pay me well-
I'd have to sue instead.

So when I leave my office
So very late at night,
And drive to my McMansion
To my children and my wife,

I thank the Lord and praise Him
For my law degree.
I know my little dashboard cross
Will hide my sins from Thee.

No comments: