- Urban charter schools require minimal public investment in
physical plants, library programs, the arts, science labs, athletics, personnel,
and transportation infrastructure.
- Urban charter schools are cheaper because they depend upon an endless stream of young beginning teachers with few benefits, no retirement payouts, and no collective bargaining.
- Urban charter schools make it easy to segregate based on race, economics, gender, and disability.
- Urban charter schools allow for the exclusion or dumping of problem students whose abilities, behaviors, or test performance that could damage to the charter brand.
- Urban charter schools make it easier to hide the problems of the poor by pointing to testing success by those who survive the charter gauntlet.
- Urban charter schools allow for the imposition of cultural and psychological control techniques in urban areas that are not subject to public scrutiny.
- Urban charter schools
put decision-making and control into the hands of unelected executives with no
oversight beyond hand-picked board members.
- Urban charter schools (not-for-profit CMOs) allow corporations and wealthy donors to reap huge tax benefits for their generosity to corporate charter schools.
- Urban charter schools (for-profit EMOs) expand business opportunities for the education industry & testing-industrial complex.
- Urban charter schools make it possible to take the state tax dollars saved from the forced choice of urban charters and use that money to enrich suburban public schools without raising taxes.