Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Daily Solution

We are all different. 

There is a reason why: we each have a specific purpose to fulfill, and each of us posseses the exact qualifications to accomplish that mission.

That said, sometimes it's a struggle to be yourself.  People may not like you.  They may bully you, or say awful things about you when you are simply being yourself.

This is not a new problem.  How do you become part of the solution?

Here is some advice that might help:
  •  All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was.  I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory.  I was naïve.  I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer.  It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with:  that I am nobody but myself.  ~Ralph Ellison, "Battle Royal"
  • The great majority of us are required to live a life of constant duplicity.  Your health is bound to be affected if, day after day, you say the opposite of what you feel, if you grovel before what you dislike, and rejoice at what brings you nothing but misfortune.  ~Boris Pasternak
  • It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.  ~e.e. cummings
     
  •  The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.  ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh
     
  • Be what you are.  This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.  ~Julius Charles Hare
     
  • It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.  ~Andre Gide

No comments: